Thursday, February 6, 2014

Project 2 Complete!

Here's the final product of my second project with the Koi and Cherry Blossoms. The one thing I didn't like was the cracks that appeared in the acrylic, but I think that was me not being careful enough. Not sure if it was temperature that caused it or just holding too tight?

The camera doesn't show all the detail, but here it is.

Changes I would possible would be making a stand for it, or putting the reflective tape on the edges to trap the light inside better.

2 comments:

  1. I really like your project, and how you used the laser cutter to manipulate such an image- i remember in your presentation about being raised in an asian family and having that kind of influence on your artwork. I do think that you could have added maybe a Chinese character on the side or something that would be cool!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like this project. I think the use of blacklight on projects like the lazer cutter are perfect examples of how big of a range these machines have for our work. I am really interested in trying this myself

    ReplyDelete